Thursday 15 July 2010

Treasure Hunters' Parade

.
I'm off in a few hours to Lwówek Slaskie down in Silesia, my wife thinks I am taking her for a romantic weekend, there's a Medieval castle nearby in which I want to see the wall paintings (Arthurian theme - I wonder if she'll see them as "romantic"?) but tomorrow there is a big event in town, including the "parade of the Treasure Hunters". I'll see if I can get any photos of the coin elves. Certainly an opportunity to learn what is new on the metal detecting scene here and maybe pick up a few publications. Back on Monday.

4 comments:

Damien Huffer said...

i wait with baited breadth! have "fun"

Paul Barford said...

No coin elves unfortunately, but some interesting contacts.

The Arthurian murals were great though. Siedlęcin, worth a visit if you are in the area. Wang church which I went to see too less so.

Przem said...

Thanks for visiting us - the ducal tower in Siedlecin. We have just finished our new website. Please have a look:
http://www.wiezasiedlecin.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=101

Paul Barford said...

I enjoyed the visit very much. I hope you get a lot of visitors in 2012. Keep stocking the handmade glass in the museum shop, I might be back for more...

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.